The MAB Training and Rehabilitation Center (TRC) serves Mass Health-eligible participants from the Commonwealth’s Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and Moving Forward Plan (MFP) Waivers. Participants of the TRC participate in a menu of services that can take place on-site, in the community, or a combination of both. Each participant’s program is individually tailored to meet their needs and can be provided on an individual basis or in a small group setting.
TRC Program Tours
Click here to schedule a tour and meeting to learn more about the offerings and referral process for the TRC.
How Does it Work?
The Training and Rehabilitation Center in Westborough will support participants eligible for the ABI and MFP waivers to obtain community-based services. This unique program offers individual services, providing Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Mental Health services, employment services, social recreation activities, and educational trainings. The TRC will offer 3-hour time blocks where the participants will have the opportunity to attend services of their choice and run as a 12-week cycle. The 12-week cycle will be developed based on the participant’s interests and needs.
Here is a sample of classes and services listed below
- Assistive Technology
- Learning various devices such as Alexa, iPads, laptops, iPhones & firesticks
- Nutritional education, grocery shopping, meal preparation, kitchen safety
- Home Management Skills
- Bed making, Laundry, Washing/drying dishes, Cleaning, Fire Safety
- Community Outings
- YMCA, recreational centers, fitness classes, musical concerts, restaurants, coffee shops, field trips
- Recreational Activities
- Musical Bingo, Boardgames, Bingo, Wii Sports Games, Card Games,
- Employment Services
- Prevocational skills, interview skills, resume writing, onsite job training, job coaching
For additional information, please contact us at email@example.com